24 December Updates: Christmas Event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

24 December Updates: Christmas Event

Post by Mike » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:55 pm

As per yearly tradition, we have hereby released a Chistmas Event!

It is the tiniest of events, but I hope our players will enjoy it nonetheless (and of course, its rewards). The event will last for:

I would also like to post a small update in regards to myself and how I have been doing as of late. In May this year, I posted that I had been struggling with psychological problems, mostly related to burn-out and depression. In retrospect, July and August were by far the best months for me in the past year - I felt much better at that time, and motivated to work on PkHonor once again. Doing so gave me purpose and fulfilment. However, as good as those two months had been, so awful were September and October. It was a repeating cycle of ups and downs.

I'm currently still in therapy, and as of halfway November am once again doing better. Part of the reason why is because I have once again started to work as a volunteer for a non-profit organisation. It definitely also helps to be away from the computer from time to time, but that also means that I'm not spending as much time on PkHonor as many people would like. I understand there's quite some frustration about the lack of updates and presence, and even more so now that there are issues with parts of our website and wiki (we're still working on that, but they're not easy to solve). I can't blame anyone for it, but at the same time I am finally also starting to understand the importance of taking care of myself, rather than always trying my very best to please everyone. To allow bad things to happen in the short term from time to time, in order to keep my sanity and happiness, and a better thriving server, in the long term.

For the next month, maybe two, I will keep focusing on my volunteer work, to improve myself and to find ways to deal with other people's frustrations toward me. I have always tried to avoid angering or frustrating others, always tried to please everyone, to the point where I completely ignored my own needs and wants, ultimately leading me into the burn-out and depression that I am still working through.

The way forward is clear, in part thanks to my therapist, as well as all the support I have received from friends, family and the PkHonor community. The fact is, I can't always please everyone, and I am still learning to live with that. Once I get there, I can finally manage to do the things I want, to work on PkHonor in a way that I can find enjoyable, without being dragged down by the negativity that's inevitable from the position that I have within the community. Things are currently going better, and PkHonor will reap the profits from this in the long term.

For everyone who is currently struggling with psychological problems, I hope you too can find comfort through other people, even if they're from an online game, and by knowing that it's okay if you don't feel okay. It's not easy to talk about it, and it's not easy for me to admit it, but I suppose that too is part of the process that many of us are going through. I hope by sharing a part of my story I can at least give a measure of comfort to other people who are dealing with similar issues. Know that you're not alone.

I wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a happy 2024!

Empty
Honor Player

Re: 24 December Updates: Christmas Event

Post by Empty » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:00 pm

Hopefully you find a way to have more of those ups than downs in life, take all the time you need brother!
Merry christmas to you too! :prayge:

Senior Moderator

Post by 026 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:01 pm

Merry Christmas Mike, I wish you all the best!

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:06 pm

Merry Christmas, Mike! I am glad thinks are better and happy to hear about your volunteering efforts! I don't play as much as I used to but your mental health will always be more important than AK update.

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

P v m troy
Premium Donator

Post by P v m troy » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:31 pm

Wishing you nothing but the best.

Juntow
Premium Donator

Post by Juntow » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:59 pm

Hope you find yourself bro, the feeling of feeling lost can be scary and draining, but with some motivation and ofc having the right people in your corner can definitely bring you that hole you're in. Godspeed and merry Christmas :afro:
PkHonor's #1 Role Player and Servicer

[Verified] Fast, Efficient, Trusted Services endorsed by former and current PkHonor Staff members (Legally Binding).
⬇ ⬇ ⬇

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:12 pm

While it is important to keep in mind what others may want from you, it is imperative to remember what you want from yourself and by focusing that you will be much more geared toward any fulfillment of yourself or those around you. You can't make everyone happy, that's just a fact of life. Some will choose to be disappointed regardless of how well you've shown your true intentions, whether that be through words or actions.

So long as you mean what you say and you say what you mean, you'll find this to be less of a struggle, but a struggle nonetheless. It's impossible to remember everything, especially while you've got a lot going on, but so long as you are doing your best to stay true to yourself that is all that matters. Sometimes in order to love others we must love ourselves first. There is only so much of us to go around. It may sound counterproductive and selfish, but in practice you will find this to be true.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:17 pm

Didn't ask @Iron adam

I can't wait to complete this year's Xmas event!

A therapy session with @Juntow I can strongly recommend to improve your well-being.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:03 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:55 pm it's okay if you don't feel okay.
Hope everyone takes this to heart. It took someone telling me this exact thing to get out of a mental rut a while back.

Glad you're able to take some time to do new things and help people - and that things seem to be getting better for you.

And of course, thanks for the event!

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:21 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:55 pm
I'm currently still in therapy, and as of halfway November am once again doing better. Part of the reason why is because I have once again started to work as a volunteer for a non-profit organisation. It definitely also helps to be away from the computer from time to time, but that also means that I'm not spending as much time on PkHonor as many people would like. I understand there's quite some frustration about the lack of updates and presence, and even more so now that there are issues with parts of our website and wiki (we're still working on that, but they're not easy to solve). I can't blame anyone for it, but at the same time I am finally also starting to understand the importance of taking care of myself, rather than always trying my very best to please everyone. To allow bad things to happen in the short term from time to time, in order to keep my sanity and happiness, and a better thriving server, in the long term.

For the next month, maybe two, I will keep focusing on my volunteer work, to improve myself and to find ways to deal with other people's frustrations toward me. I have always tried to avoid angering or frustrating others, always tried to please everyone, to the point where I completely ignored my own needs and wants, ultimately leading me into the burn-out and depression that I am still working through.
Nobody on Pkhonor knows this about me but I actually work at a Non-profit food bank as a mobile food coordinator. I am responsible for making sure 2300 kids a month in my community don't go without food along with hundreds of families. I absolutely love my job and look forward to seeing the countless miracles that happen in the lives of others every single day. It has given me so much happiness and joy deep in my soul that is hard to describe. The job is a lot of responsibility, very exhausting, frustrating, and heartbreaking at times but at the end of the day, I know I'm exactly where I belong and I wouldn't change it for the world. Its also the reason I am no longer as active on Pkhonor as I once was.

I encourage you to soak in the positive feelings you get when volunteering, remember them and practice gratitude on a daily basis. I feel much of life is about learning and evolving and it sounds like you're doing just that. Volunteering is wonderful but I encourage you to not limit yourself to only a month or two. Of course life gets in the way and it can be hard to find time but its really good to be consistent and try to make volunteering a regular habit where you can find time. Praying and wishing the best for you Mike. Also, perhaps there is a way to mix both Pkhonor and the organization you're volunteering for. Perhaps a special donation event where partial proceeds go towards the non profit organization.