Bandos Guide [HQ]

Xoros

Bandos Guide [HQ]

Post by Xoros » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:04 am

Bandos
Bandos is one of the four main Godwars Dugeon bosses, and is killed mostly for it's drop of Bandos Chestplate and Bandos Tassets, which is extremely efficient armour and can be sold for around 1B each currently. They also drop Elite and hard clue scrolls, Godsword shards, and a Bandos Godsword hilt and boots.

Gear

Expensive Gear and Inventory

Image Image

The Dragon Halberd can be swapped out for any other effective special attack weapon, such as DDS or claws. If you wish to have a higher attack bonus whilst killing General Graador and his minions, I would recommend swapping out the Verac's helm for a Neitiznot helmet or a Fighter helmet. Alternatively, if you're on a slayer task, use a Slayer helmet, as it grants a +15% combat bonus in whatever style of attacking you're using. You could also use void if you have to compete with a team to get a kill, as void will offer a +10% combat bonus in the style of attack you're using (provided you have the correct helmet), and will hopefully allow you to outhit other players to get the kill.

In this setup, you wont need to bring super restores, as the Overload will re-boosts your stats after a short period of time.

Cheap gear and Inventory

Image Image

Using this gear will not allow you to kill Bandos and his minions very efficiently, and I would definitely recommend killing them in a team if you have to use this gear, as you won't be able to get many kills per trip when soloing. If you can't afford even this basic gear, Bandos wont be very profitable for you to kill (Unless you get lucky) This setup also includes two rocktails as emergency food, as you may find you're hit a lot easier and more often with this lower defense gear.

If you're team killing Bandos, you should be able to last longer and therefore should swap out some brews for super prayers.

It's advisable to use any type of Bandos gear when possible to prevent any creatures of Bandos to be aggressive towards you, meaning you can attack what you like for killcount. General Graador and his minions, however, will still be aggressive towards you.

Also, Don't forget your hammer!!!

Getting there

You can get to Godwars dungeon by going to Monsters teleport - Godwars Dungeon.

Image Image Image Image

This picture shows where all the bosses are in the Godwars Dungeon, and also shows what types of monsters there are down there, what boss they belong to, and where they are located. (Location may be inaccurate)

When you arrive, you will be at an icy location. Look for the large hole in the ground, and go down it.

You will arrive at this place. You should pray mage and run north east to the Bandos door.

Once you've arrived here, click on the door (which is why you need your hammer) and run to the west corner of the room. If you forget a hammer, teleport back and get one. A hammer can be purchased for 1gp from the Supply store at ::shops, or dropped by goblins.

Before entering the Boss room, you need a killcount of 40 Bandos followers. To get that killcount, I'd suggest standing where I am in the picture and killing goblins.

A cannon can also be used to speed up the killcount process, but means you'll have less space in your inventory and so your trip wont last as long.

If you're using the cheaper gear, and/or don't have a Bandos item equipt, you should pray melee whilst still running around to kill the goblins.

Once you've got your 40 killcount, run north-east to the Bandos door and pot up.

You're also going to want to be praying protect item (Just incase), Protect/Deflect melee, and Piety/Turmoil.

Then, enter the room. You'll want to kill Graador first as he does the most damage. He is relatively easy to kill, but it may take some time if you hit inaccurately with cheaper gear. Just watch your hitpoints, as the minions will hit you too, and never let them drop below about 35.

You can spec Graador as soon as you get in the room, but if there is a team there it's best to wait until Graador has freshly respawned, for the best chances of receiving the kill.

Once Graador is dead, turn your attention to the Minions. If you have soulsplit, I'd recommend using that to get hitpoints back. If not, use protection prayers.

You should first kill Sergeant Steelwill, the mage minion, as he will do the most damage.

Then, move on to Sergeant Strongsack.

And finally, on to Sergeant Grimspike.

When you've finished a kill, if needed, you can use the altar at the north of the room to recharge your prayer. Also, this altar is used to teleport directly outside the room, which is useful if you forgot to bring a teleport or have a friend outside with brews/pots to help you if need be.

Thankyou to Bankwiper for the picture of the Altar.

All of the monsters in the Boss room, General Graador and minions, have the chance to drop a Bandos item, as well as others. You can check out a full list of there drops at pkhonor.net/drops

Bandos items dropped are under the 'Ultra rare' Category, meaning they drop every 100-1000 kills, however in my experience they drop more often than that.

I hope you found this guide helpful, and goodluck :)

-Xoros
Last edited by Xoros on Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
Wildywyrm Guide - http://adf.ly/il1p1
Bandos Guide - http://adf.ly/il2VG

Bl00d 1

Re: Bandos Guide

Post by Bl00d 1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:08 am

Wouldn't recommend so many Saradomin brews (4). I'd suggest take out 5 and replace with super restores. Reason being, when you sara brew, you need a super restore to restore back your stats. Super prayer (4) doesn't restore your stats.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:10 am

Bl00d 1 wrote:Wouldn't recommend so many Saradomin brews (4). I'd suggest take out 5 and replace with super restores. Reason being, when you sara brew, you need a super restore to restore back your stats. Super prayer (4) doesn't restore your stats.
Overload restores hella fast on here. (Once every 5 secs iirc).

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:10 am

Bl00d 1 wrote:Wouldn't recommend so many Saradomin brews (4). I'd suggest take out 5 and replace with super restores. Reason being, when you sara brew, you need a super restore to restore back your stats. Super prayer (4) doesn't restore your stats.
^
I honestly wouldn't even include the method without the overloads. Kinda difficult to do it without them unless you're in a team.

@Simon he means for the welfare gear

Xoros

Post by Xoros » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:11 am

No, but the overload brings stats back up, as mentioned.

Unless you have to down a couple brews, making your stats go below 99, but even then the overload will boost them back up again.
Image Image

Bl00d 1

Post by Bl00d 1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:15 am

When your solo'ing... it's kind of difficult to do all of that. I wouldn't even recommend use overloads when solo'ing. I'll just prefer using Extreme's.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:16 am

Xoros wrote:
No, but the overload brings stats back up, as mentioned.

Unless you have to down a couple brews, making your stats go below 99, but even then the overload will boost them back up again.
He's talking about this set-up

Xoros

Post by Xoros » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:18 am

Bl00d 1 wrote:When your solo'ing... it's kind of difficult to do all of that. I wouldn't even recommend use overloads when solo'ing. I'll just prefer using Extreme's.
You can do Bandos however you feel most effective. All this is, is a guide to try and help people do it more efficiently.
Image Image

Bl00d 1

Post by Bl00d 1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:19 am

Xoros wrote:
Bl00d 1 wrote:When your solo'ing... it's kind of difficult to do all of that. I wouldn't even recommend use overloads when solo'ing. I'll just prefer using Extreme's.
You can do Bandos however you feel most effective. All this is, is a guide to try and help people do it more efficiently.
Like I said, I was importing my 'Recommendation' into it.

Xoros

Post by Xoros » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:19 am

Bl00d 1 wrote:
Xoros wrote:
Like I said, I was importing my 'Recommendation' into it.
Thankyou for the input :)
Image Image