Progress

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Progress

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Not sure why I haven't been using the developer blog as much as I used to, but as suggested by some players and staff, I probably should post here more often, even if it's only a few lines about what I've done recently.

So, what have I done recently?

- Registered ourselves on several RSPS toplists
- Been working for the past few weeks on a voting gateway where our players see vote buttons for each toplist. They will also see a countdown timer if they have already voted recently, so they know when they can vote again.
- Reworked the voting rewards - once players have the ability to vote on multiple toplists, they will receive less voting points per vote. However, if you vote on all toplists, you will end up with more than you get now. Along with the new rewards, there will also be a system that gives increased voting points if you have vote for several toplists over the course of the past days (up to a certain cap). Specifics will be revealed in a news post when all this is released, which is planned for tomorrow (there may always be delays, but we're almost ready either way)
- Extra features and tools for our staff, to make their job easier and make sure players get the help they require
- Doing some in-game bugfixes, as well as adding even more debug information in regards to server DC's. I've already had like 5 - 6 server updates where I add more debug information, and yet it still isn't enough. After all this time, we still haven't figured out what the cause of the latest DC's are, but we remain confident that we'll find it and fix it, as we have with all issues in the past. One step at a time.
- Working on a new client that will allow people to play PkHonor at school or in camps where most traffic is filtered (will be released soon)

As for Rapsey, aside from helping me out a great deal with the voting page, is also working hard to fix the connection issues players have been having recently (where they are unable to log in and must retry for a few minutes). We're very hopeful that this will be resolved within the next week.

Considering Dylan's absence, I will also take it upon me to finish his work on both the glacors and bounty hunter. I'll be working mostly on that once the new voting page is released.

Either way, for those of you who were wondering, both myself and Rapsey are working (almost) full-time on PkHonor for the past weeks and plan on doing so for the next months to come. You may have noticed that there haven't been many in-game updates lately, but that's because we've mostly been working on things to improve PkHonor as a whole (not related to in-game updates) and making PkHonor visible to the world once again. There are some big servers out there that are nowhere near as advanced or customer-friendly as PkHonor, but simply by marketing themselves and making sure players see them, they managed to become as big as they are now. If they can do it, we can too. You may have already noticed that the amount of online players has started increasing again during the past month - despite some server issues - and they will only continue to increase. It's clear to us that we haven't focused enough on marketing and online visibility, so that's what we're doing now, and we're already seeing results even though we've only just started.
A site and forums redesign is also part of this, but everything in due time.

Either way, our ambition is to become the biggest RSPS with the largest playerbase in 2015. And I'll be damned if we don't get there. We may have had that ambition for as long as PkHonor existed, but now we're confident we know how to do it.

Pikachu
Honor Player

Re: Progress

Post by Pikachu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:46 pm

=-)
ImageImage

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Can't say I've noticed any newer players in game.

Then again there's nothing left for me to do on here so I don't log in, got excited when I seen a developer's blog though, oh well.

Good luck
Last edited by Azu rite on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Yay! Progress! I hope the changes to voting also bring about a few new rewards because the XP lamps seem to have disappeared from discussion and a variety of coloured Staff of Lights & Robin Hood Hats could be added to go along with the Dark Bow recolours.

Also, when you look into Dylan's work, will you be taking into consideration of the GQC and the work they've put forward for it?

Michael slim
Premium Donator

Post by Michael slim » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Its nice to hear from you once again mike.
Its been a while since we had a meetup in game with like the moderators, admins and players.

Is there a point in the future we can expect that again, so you might come up with some idea's from a few players.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Rawr wrote:Yay! Progress! I hope the changes to voting also bring about a few new rewards because the XP lamps seem to have disappeared from discussion and a variety of coloured Staff of Lights & Robin Hood Hats could be added to go along with the Dark Bow recolours.

Also, when you look into Dylan's work, will you be taking into consideration of the GQC and the work they've put forward for it?
Dylan hasn't said much to me in regards to what has been discussed in the game qualitee committee, but if I am to finish his work on Bounty Hunter, I'll best do that.

As for colored staffs of light and robin hood hats, I just need to find the proper models for those. I was lucky to find the colored dark bows at all, but I'll be sure to look into the other items as well.
As for XP lamps, I haven't quite figured out how it could work, how it could be useful for players and how to make sure it can't be abused. It's a delicate balance and at the moment I've had other things to worry about. I consider the new voting shop items to do the trick for the time being, but that doesn't mean we can't further improve on it later on.

Michael slim wrote:Its nice to hear from you once again mike.
Its been a while since we had a meetup in game with like the moderators, admins and players.

Is there a point in the future we can expect that again, so you might come up with some idea's from a few players.
I already have a properly filled to-do list to fill my time until the summer (at least), so I don't really have much use for new ideas. In the end, it all comes down to what I prioritize and at this point I think I've pretty much got my priorities figured out.
However, once summer is around the corner and my to-do list has considerably shrunk, I wouldn't mind conversing with our players (preferably through the forums) about what to focus on next. It is however one of the jobs of the game quality committee, but I'm sure all other players would like to voice their opinion as well.

H1
Premium Donator

Post by H1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:54 pm

Make pking more active pls and add more monster kthx

Best of luck Mike
fams <3

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:58 pm

H 1 wrote:Make pking more active pls and add more monster kthx

Best of luck Mike
Read what he wrote you hairless ape.

Stefan
Advisor

Post by Stefan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:13 pm

Great to hear!

Keep us updated.

Edit: Not sure how I locked the thread, but I have unlocked it again.... lol

Floriduh
Premium Donator

Post by Floriduh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:42 pm

Cool. Looking forward to all that you have planned, however long it takes!
Signature courtesy of Retsnom