[Poll] Events - also for ironman?

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

Should ironman mode players get bonuses from events?

No, don't give them any bonuses from any events
43%
Give them bonuses for boss events, but no other events
19%
Give them bonuses for all events
38%

Total votes: 68

Mike
Programmer

[Poll] Events - also for ironman?

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:12 pm

A few days ago, I had announced that we'd be holding a double XP weekend for Ironman mode players only. However, we noticed a lot of people disagreeing with this idea. After giving it some more thought, Rapsey and myself have concluded that the complaints are indeed justified. Ironman mode is all about building something up from the ground, on your own, without any advantages or disadvantages versus other players.

A limited, 3 days lasting event would screw up this principle. Those players who play during the weekend would get a massive bonus and advantage versus others. Especially now, since the mode has only just been introduced, there's a lot of competition to be the first to achieve certain things and the event just messes that up.

That being said, we've decided to forgo the idea of a double xp weekend for ironman mode players.
However, this brings a bigger issue to light: any events that we organize (castle wars, pest control, boss events, double slayer points, etc. etc.) have the same problem where ironman mode players are concerned. Those players who are present during the event will get a serious advantage over others who weren't present, which skews its competitiveness.

So the question is, should we allow ironman mode players to get bonuses from our (weekend) events, or not? I'm sure opinions will be divided on this issue, so I'd like everyone to respect other people's opinions in regards to this issue. There's no point arguing with each other, the only one you need to convince is myself, because I'll be the one to make the final call on whether or not ironman mode players will benefit from our events or not.

Kim
Honor Player

Re: [Poll] Events - also for ironman?

Post by Kim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Ironman should not receive any perks. Playing as an ironman account, you have to work your way to getting what you want. Exp gain is already pretty simple to get so I think it's an advantage to all ironman players. So no, I don't think there should be double exp for them.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:17 pm

I think just the boss events would be ok, they dont a big toll on the game for ironmans

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:19 pm

or just reduce the extra bonuses you get from the event, by example +20% droprate make it +7.5% or +5%
so ironmans can benefit from the events but not that much as normal players do. ( a slight increase won't hurt that much tbh)

Kim wrote:Ironman should not receive any perks. Playing as an ironman account, you have to work your way to getting what you want. Exp gain is already pretty simple to get so I think it's an advantage to all ironman players. So no, I don't think there should be double exp for them.

it goes about weekly events, not XP :)

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Eventually yes, just not right now.
Bzink00 wrote:I think just the boss events would be ok, they dont a big toll on the game for ironmans
Without their own pvm height, that would be pointless

Rangeonme
Premium Donator

Post by Rangeonme » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:51 pm

I agree, bonus exp is a little much jsut for Ironman. I think for this weekend would be enough, just to get everyone going.

However, what are iron men supposed to do when they max? you want to prolong that as long as possible :P

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:59 pm

I'd personally just let Ironman be Ironman and give it no bonuses or advantages but I understand that we need to promote the Ironman Mode in some way or another to bring new players.

Like mentioned in another thread we could potentially have a client background competition or perhaps we could even have a unique set of Ironman armour (which already exists) that is purely cosmetic and only obtainable through an NPC in the first month of Ironman Modes release (with a specific time played) as a "thank you" to those players for simply playing the game and being sort of Beta testers.

Rangeonme
Premium Donator

Post by Rangeonme » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:16 pm

No pity wrote:I'd personally just let Ironman be Ironman and give it no bonuses or advantages but I understand that we need to promote the Ironman Mode in some way or another to bring new players.

Like mentioned in another thread we could potentially have a client background competition or perhaps we could even have a unique set of Ironman armour (which already exists) that is purely cosmetic and only obtainable through an NPC in the first month of Ironman Modes release (with a specific time played) as a "thank you" to those players for simply playing the game and being sort of Beta testers.
More like a join date! I have been pumping out skills, with as little time played as I can. Yet I've been around as much as everyone else.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:38 pm

No pity wrote:perhaps we could even have a unique set of Ironman armour (which already exists) that is purely cosmetic and only obtainable through an NPC in the first month of Ironman Modes release (with a specific time played) as a "thank you" to those players for simply playing the game and being sort of Beta testers.
Exists, yes, but that doesn't mean we have access to it. Zulrah also exists but as far as I know there isn't a single RSPS that has managed to successfully rip it from OSRS and include it in their game.

Maybe the ironman armour has been released already somewhere, but not that I know of at least.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Mike wrote:
No pity wrote:perhaps we could even have a unique set of Ironman armour (which already exists) that is purely cosmetic and only obtainable through an NPC in the first month of Ironman Modes release (with a specific time played) as a "thank you" to those players for simply playing the game and being sort of Beta testers.
Exists, yes, but that doesn't mean we have access to it. Zulrah also exists but as far as I know there isn't a single RSPS that has managed to successfully rip it from OSRS and include it in their game.

Maybe the ironman armour has been released already somewhere, but not that I know of at least.
There are plenty of rsps's with ironman armor and zulrah