More boss pets, +50% XP & ironman mode on testserver

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

More boss pets, +50% XP & ironman mode on testserver

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Once per week, we'll be releasing a new boss pet (sometimes twice, if we decide to do a boss weekend with pet release). Every release will be paired with a 3-day lasting boss event from Tuesday morning til Friday morning, so the boss event will be over at the exact moment that our weekend event starts.

This week we're adding the Chaos Elemental boss pet!

I've also lowered the droprates on all boss pets a little and boss events will now only double chances on a boss pet instead of tripling it.

Furthermore, this weekend we'll be having a +50% XP weekend!

Lastly, Ironman mode is progressing quite well and I hope I have added all necessary restrictions. I'd like to ask our community to test if all restrictions work properly, so we can release the mode as soon as possible. You can play our testserver here:
http://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_testclient.jar
http://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_testclient.zip
http://test.pkhonor.net

The two last things that need to be decided yet before being ready for the first release:
> How exactly ironman mode players can obtain donator and premium status (only by selling in a shop for coins and PkHonor Points or also allowing to donate for it) and how much they would cost
> What shop items ironman mode players don't have access to, and what extra items they would be able to buy in an "ironman mode only" shop

Ruler
Honor Player

Re: More boss pets & ironman mode on testserver

Post by Ruler » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Combining the addition of boss pets with the corresponding boss event is a great idea. Makes the events crowded/succesful and people have something to do on a regular basis. Kudos for your work lately Mike, really love it and a lot of people do as well (although they won't always tell you that)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Great updates,

I'll checkout the IronMan Mode!

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Rick wrote:Great updates,

I'll checkout the IronMan Mode!

Marco
Champion

Post by Marco » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks god lol you making them harder , took me 9 hours to get my 3 dks pet and that was without event

other than that , nice work and i'm looking to get this new pet :d
kik : clackshody83

Rick
Premium Donator

Re: More boss pets, +50% XP & ironman mode on testserver

Post by Rick » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Bug:

As an IronMan you can still trade with: Shops, Players etc.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Edit: Sorry, you only asked us to check the restrictions, nothing else xD. Anyways needs also changing for iron man:
Spoiler: show
Iron mans shouldn't be able to use ::pure imo.
Iron man status symbol. Kinda have to come up with something smart so you see the difference in an iron man, donator iron man and premium iron man? You could just use the ironman sprite and make it pink and red for donator and premium respectively
Last edited by Ruler on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:16 pm

Let Ironmen get Donator for completing all of the quests and Premium for reaching all of the requirements for a max cape?

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Are you sure you added the correct test client? I made two iron man accounts and I can trade with eachother, stake with eachother, kill eachother O.o
for some reason the accounts i created were not ironman mode. Apologies.

Ge seems to work.
pking seems to work, but ::ratio doesnt work.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Rick wrote:Bug:

As an IronMan you can still trade with: Shops, Players etc.
Shop restrictions need to be decided yet, I'm sure many (if not most) shops should actually be accessible to ironman mode players. As for trading, I specifically allowed trading (so you can show your inventory to others through the trade screen) but you cannot accept the trade in any way (unless there's a bug that does allow you to accept a trade of course).

Sverre wrote:Edit: Sorry, you only asked us to check the restrictions, nothing else xD. Anyways needs also changing for iron man:
Iron mans shouldn't be able to use ::pure imo.
Iron man status symbol. Kinda have to come up with something smart so you see the difference in an iron man, donator iron man and premium iron man? You could just use the ironman sprite and make it pink and red for donator and premium respectively
Good catch, I'll make sure to disable that. Hadn't thought about it. As for the player symbol, we have yet to decide on that, but I'm not sure pink would be an appropriate color.