Glacors & the wilderness

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Glacors & the wilderness

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Now that Glacors have been released for about a week, it's time for a review. I'd also like to pair said review with another discussion thread about the wilderness, taking our recent (and future) developments into account.

The most important complaints I hear right now are as follows:
1 - Another glacor may attack you if the glacor you were fighting is about to explode and you run away
2 - Exploding glacors damage everyone nearby, not just the player it's attacking
3 - Glacors aren't in a multi-combat area
4 - Enduring glacytes are too hard to kill

A few notes on these complaints:
1 - During the initial testing, I have found that, indeed, another Glacor can 'PJ' you as you run away from an exploding Glacor. However, in my opinion, that's simply the risk you take for killing the exploding glacyte last. If you kill any of the other glacytes last, you shouldn't have this problem. I see it more of a challenge than a bug.
If, however, another Glacor can attack you even though the Glacor you were initially fighting wasn't exploding, then that would be a bug. Please let me know if this is the case.

2 - In RuneScape, exploding glacytes (and glacors) work exactly this way. A Glacor there can only be fought by one player and must be soloed (just like on PkHonor), but an explosion can and will still hurt every player nearby even if they weren't fighting said glacyte/glacor. Whether this behavior should be altered to be less dangerous to others, is up to the community, we just went with how it is on RuneScape to start off iwth.
Keep in mind, they're not supposed to kill players who are transformed nor mods that are on modwild, so that's a bug that will be fixed in the next server update.

3 - Making glacors a multi-combat area seemed like a bad idea, as it would put anyone who tries to kill the glacors at risk of getting killed by a PK'er in the midst of an already hard fight. Furthermore, it would give a clan the opportunity to keep full control of that territory, and I'm not sure that would benefit the community as a whole.

4 - Oh please.

Please let me know what you think of these complaints and what could be done to improve them, keeping in mind what would be best for the community as a whole. If you have further ideas to improve the Glacors, or the wilderness as a whole (taking into account our Glacor, Perfect ring and Bounty Hunter updates), then now is the time to share it.

We'd certainly like to bring some of that "Pk"Honor back, so if we need to decide between what PVM'ers prefer and what PK'ers prefer, we may be more inclined to go with the PK'ers their opinion. Still, if we could make changes that benefit everyone, then that would be best of course.

I know there have already been some threads made about these topics, but I would like to ask to write out a proper, well thought out (and possibly length) response as to what you think we could do and in which way we should be thinking to further improve the game.

Oh, and out of the box thinking is not only allowed, it's highly recommended.

Hoard
Premium Donator

Re: Glacors & the wilderness

Post by Hoard » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:46 pm

glacors are fine and so are the diamonds, people are just bitching beacuse something is actually hard for once

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Remove the perfect ring altogether OR nerf it
Image Image

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:53 pm

While fighting glacors, I noticed that I frequently would "lose" my glacor. My suggestion is that while killing the glacytes, and for 30 seconds after the glayctes are dead, a player should be ignored by other glacors. In addition, there should be a yellow arrow pointing to where his glacor is. This would get rid of A LOT of problems.

On an unrelated note, could you check out http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43360? The wildywyrm's blood diamond has the same drop rate as the ones from glacors/kbd/ele. The thing is, the WW has 5k hp, while the other 3 have <300 hp.
Last edited by Simon on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jade
Honor Player

Post by Jade » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 pm

I have yet to log in to test glacors but are you confirming killing exploding glacyte last makes it more of a challenge?

And while only have hearing of them and seeing what its like with the glacor guide I like the idea of an arrow and invisibility to other glacors during so long like simon recommends d:
---
If I was to get a perfect ring I would care less for the imbued rings to come
---
On the 2.) It would be nice if every player within the space was warned it was going to explode and not just the one attacking it
Last edited by Jade on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yeah I've got multiple personalities but you're two faced AF

Marco
Champion

Post by Marco » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Jade wrote:I have yet to log in to test glacors but are you confirming killing exploding glacyte last makes it more of a challenge?

And while only have hearing of them and seeing what its like with the glacor guide I like the idea of an arrow and invisibility to other glacors during so long like simon recommends d:
---

I agree for the last part
kik : clackshody83

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:05 pm

Jade wrote:And while only have hearing of them and seeing what its like with the glacor guide I like the idea of an arrow and invisibility to other glacors during so long like simon recommends d:
---
---
On the 2.) It would be nice if every player within the space was warned it was going to explode and not just the one attacking it
I too like the idea of an arrow pointing to your glacor, I guess that would be nice.
As for the perfect ring, it's a very rare (and expensive) item, while imbued rings are easier to obtain, so I don't see a problem with that.

And at the moment, everyone who is close to an exploding glacyte/glacor (not just the player who was attacking it) gets a warning. However, if they walk in on one that's exploding, they may not see the warning in time. So perhaps I should add an additional 'bigger danger zone' wherein players are warned about the nearby glacyte even if they aren't within exploding range yet.

Making other glacors unaggressive towards a player who was recently fighting one would probably work aswell. I'm just not sure that's how we want it.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:08 pm

You can log out during the minion phase to get them to despawn. You can then just continue with the kill without having to kill them upon logging back in. It's more efficient than killing them.

Jade
Honor Player

Post by Jade » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Mike wrote:
I too like the idea of an arrow pointing to your glacor, I guess that would be nice.
As for the perfect ring, it's a very rare (and expensive) item, while imbued rings are easier to obtain, so I don't see a problem with that.

And at the moment, everyone who is close to an exploding glacyte/glacor (not just the player who was attacking it) gets a warning. However, if they walk in on one that's exploding, they may not see the warning in time. So perhaps I should add an additional 'bigger danger zone' wherein players are warned about the nearby glacyte even if they aren't within exploding range yet.

Making other glacors unaggressive towards a player who was recently fighting one would probably work aswell. I'm just not sure that's how we want it.
How about a 2-3 second warning intervals for 10 seconds prior to one exploding sent to anyone in the current space you know for anyone who was to walk up
Last edited by Jade on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
yeah I've got multiple personalities but you're two faced AF

Lkn
Honor Player

Post by Lkn » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:10 pm

Tbh, Glacors are fine. Everyone is complaining cause they're used to every boss being extremely easy, atleast that's my two cents on this..