Todays updates! (26 February 2015)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Todays updates! (26 February 2015)

Post by Mike » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Updated on 26 February 2015
-> Fixed the issue with banks not showing the right amount of total items in your bank (which was often off by 1 item)

Updated on 24 February 2015
-> If you randomly receive 500 voting points through voting, there will now be a serverwide message about this. This should motivate other players to vote more, which will result in a higher rank on RuneLocus, which means more players
For the record: with the current amount of voting being done, on average between one and three players a day will receive the 500 points.
-> Advanced mystery box has been reworked - as of now, you'll always receive a 1B ticket along with a random item, which may be an elite casket, a normal mystery box, a piece of 3rd age druidic gear or a random cheaper item. A complete list of all possible advanced mystery box rewards will be released shortly.
-> New voting shop items:
- Blue, white, green and yellow dark bow: each costs 200 voting points + 1 dark bow. The stats and special remain the same as a normal dark bow. It is tradeable.
- Brown afro: 500 voting points + 1 powdered wig, tradeable.
- Rainbow afro: 250 voting points + 1 brown afro, tradeable.
- Black partyhat: 1500 voting points + 1 partyhat set (which consists of 1 white + 1 red + 1 yellow + 1 purple + 1 blue + 1 green phat). It is tradeable.
- Rainbow partyhat: 750 voting points + 1 black partyhat + 1 rainbow afro, tradeable.
- Ex-ex-parrot: 500 voting points + 2 rings of wealth, untradeable. It will act as an improved ring of wealth when either in your inventory or when following you around. It increases your chances on any NPC drops (by 1% more than a regular ring of wealth does), increases the chances of clue scrolls (again, a little more than a ring of wealth does) and also increases the chance of your clan getting a drop when fighting an NPC in multicombat with lootshare enabled.
The ex-ex-parrot effect does NOT stack with a ring of wealth, so it's useless to bring both your parrot and a RoW. It does however stack with the whip of fortune passive and special attacks.
Also allow me to take this opportunity to once and for all make it clear that bringing a Ring of Wealth (or ex-ex-parrot) anywhere does NOT have a negative affect on the chances on getting a drop for other players or clans! It may be different in RS, but in PkHonor a RoW has never hurt anyone. Don't be upset at other players using it because it does NOT affect you in any way.
A few more voting shop items will be added later once we've properly thought them through, but these should do for now.

-> Added a free potion decanting service
-> Added free box sets (an NPC who takes item sets and puts them in a box set to save bank space)
-> Fixed the bug that allowed players to mix an unlimited amount of swamp tar with herbs
-> Mixing swamp tar with herbs now results in 1/3rd of the XP that it used to
-> Fixed the visual bug with banks that contain over 750 items
-> Saradomin and Zamorak arrows now count as protection against the appropriate NPC's in the GodWars Dungeon

Updated on 19 February 2015
-> Extra logging has been added in the server, so that I can now see what exactly went wrong during lag or a mass disconnect. There was logging during mass dc's before, which helped us fix one cause of mass DC's, but there does appear to be another cause which we weren't logging yet until now. Next time it happens, we'll know the cause.

Updated on 3 February 2015
-> Bandos kiteshield is now properly valued in the items kept on death screen

Rick
Premium Donator

Re: Tomorrow's updates! (24 February 2015)

Post by Rick » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 pm

Awesome work Mike!

Hope that Bounty Hunter will bring more PK activity too!

Lkn
Honor Player

Re: Todays updates! (24 February 2015)

Post by Lkn » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:06 am

Good job mike, I actually really needed the potion decanting alongside the parrot thing is quite unique. Although, i'm a lot more excited for the glacor\BH update hopefully this can hold me off until then. I'll hopefully be the first one to buy that parrot. ;)

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:08 am

HYPE

Jelle
Honor Player

Post by Jelle » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:09 am

you going to change the christmas background back now? also please add pink phats aswell =-)

Joby
Forum Addict

Post by Joby » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:11 am

For me personally these updates are pretty exciting! Awesome work!

D0peswaq

Post by D0peswaq » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:19 am

That decanting thing sounds sick. Can't wait for BH xx

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:23 am

Like the box set update, much needed for space.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:25 am

Update: update has been released! Enjoy!

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:26 am

Mike wrote:Update: the server is currently down during the update (it needs to do a mantory database backup just incase), it'll be back online within a few minutes!
Can I donate a royal set for this beutifull update? Me liky.

@Edit: Mike, pls :'( I want my empty vials back :(
Last edited by B0rnt0b3pk on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage