New beginnings

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

New beginnings

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Now that my exams are over, I can finally focus on PkHonor again. We have a lot of great things planned for the (near) future and we're working hard to make those plans a reality. In the meantime, there are some changes to announce.

Because of Maurits his resignation, we've brought a new person into the fold to manage the staff team.
His username is Billy and unlike our previous staff managers and head admins, he's fairly new to PkHonor and has not held any staff positions here or on any other RSPS. Nonetheless, he has the education, skills, experience and motivation required to properly manage the staff team and we have every reason to believe he will do a good job at it. So far, he's already talked with some of our most prominent staff members and introduced himself to the staff team, now it's time for the official announcement towards the community.
Just like us, he's open to suggestions and will make sure to take into account the staff team's opinion before making any promotions or changes to the staff team.
If you have any complaints about the staff team or have suggestions on how to improve it, he's available through forums PM. Please do take it easy on the PM's though and only send serious and properly thought out messages - no point in wasting his time with pointless rants or things that don't concern him such as bug reports, in-game suggestions, password recoveries, ...

I know that a lot of people are sceptical about bringing someone new to manage the staff team, but we ask you to at least keep an open mind and don't judge too hastily. Both myself and Rapsey believe this decision to be the best for both the community and the staff team and so far we've received a lot of positive feedback from the team.

Furthermore, Rick has already given an overview of all the updates we've got planned for the next months (see http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=38552), but we haven't specified what we're going to work on first yet.
First of all, we (mostly Rapsey) have been working on automatic in-game password recoveries. As soon as it's released - within the next week - whenever you have an in-game account linked to your forums account, you can reset its password or pin by simply going to your User Control Panel (gear icon on the top right of the page) and you'll see a button to reset your password on any account, instantly and fully automatically.

We'll also make work of new voting shop rewards, which I'm planning to release before the end of next week. Keep in mind most of them will be purely visual without stats.
Smaller updates, such as bonecrusher, a few new bosses (avatar of creation and destruction) and glacors will also be added soon.

As you may know, Dylan has also been working on Bounty Hunter, which will be an extra feature in the wilderness. However, this is entirely optional and players don't have to participate if they don't want to.

After all that's done, we're not yet sure what our first priority will be. Advertisement, improved site looks, pets and pet quests, improved following, in-game bugfixing, anti-scam measures for trades and duels, ... there's a lot to choose from. I'll make sure to set up a poll to get the communities input on what our next updates should be.

Thank you for reading and thank you for being a part of this amazing community!

H1
Premium Donator

Re: New beginnings

Post by H1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Ty Mike :jiggly:
And Rapsey and Dylani
fams <3

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Hope your exams went well, Mike.

As you say, I am indeed sceptical in regards to bringing in a somewhat inexperienced individual to a high-ranking position in the staff team... however, I have faith that your judgement is sound so I'll withhold a comment for now.

Very glad to see a slew of upcoming updates. Automatic in-game recoveries sounds like a neat function, and the addition of Glacors, new voting shop rewards, Bounty Hunter and Bonecrusher have been long-awaited.

Cheers.
Last edited by Amount on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:56 pm

If the person you've put so much faith in has a personality / an attidude even close to Hamade, I can't wait to meet him. I'm glad to hear your exams are over and you'll be able to return to the development of the game as well You should totally check out the GQC to get some more content in the works :)

As for vote rewards, I'm assuming you've looked at the suggestions put forward recently, as well as those compiled by Smdjagex a while back with the help of the community, to ensure you get the right balance of items without impeding on any other possible updates in the future nor on the gameplay as it is?

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Can't wait to meet Billy, everything else sounds great. Can't wait for these updates, ty Mike!

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Congratulations Daan and welcome to PKHonor, Billy.

I think it will be better bringing in a completely new guy to manage the staff team, as he is, to us, a blank piece of canvas so to speak, so he doesn't know much about anyone so he can't really have an opinion on anyone.

And as for Bounty Hunter, we at the Game Quality Committee are testing at right now and it's coming along slowly but surely.
I personally can't wait for the full release of Bounty Hunter and also the release of Glacors and the Avatars.
Image Image

Heisenberg
Honor Player

Post by Heisenberg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Got so happy when i saw this post! Can't wait for all the new updates.
Welcome to hell, billy. x
Errobbie wrote:Helper is pretty much a useless rank.

Evan
Honor Player

Post by Evan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Uh uh Billy hasn't talked with me so he hasn't talked to anyone important.
Jk ofc
hope you did well on exams and thanks for the updates
Be da best: [x]

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Trying not to be negative here, but have you not learned your lesson with hiring new people?

Just to be clear, I'm saying this off off past experiences, the whole web developer didn't go to well, did it?

With that being said, I wish him the best of luck.
Last edited by Azu rite on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jade
Honor Player

Post by Jade » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Pet quests, vote rewards, new staff, no exams. Sounds like a fun upcoming few months
yeah I've got multiple personalities but you're two faced AF