Progress

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Floriduh
Premium Donator

Re: Progress

Post by Floriduh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:57 am

Ain wrote: Ours is outdated, granted, but I
I didn't read what underdog said, cuz well, underdog. But, in the past few weeks I have been wisping around to other servers just to answer that exact question, "Is pkhonor really all that bad?" and when it comes down to it, yes it actually is. Now two years ago pkhonor was ahead of the curve but by now everyone knows rsps is big money, so they are actually popping out updates like nobody's business. PkHonor is falling behind rapidly.
- Working on a new client that will allow people to play PkHonor at school or in camps where most traffic is filtered (will be released soon)
Is that really all that smart? If the people at school cannot figure out how to do that on their own (which I might add takes the better of 10-20 minutes) then they probably shouldn't be playing games at school and should be focusing on their schoolwork.
I kinda agree/disagree. I don't think PkH is all that bad at all. However, I do agree in the sense that it could be. You are spot on with the idea that we can/are falling behind. I'm not currently involved with any other servers, but updates here are just taking too long to pump out. Does it bother me personally, since I've been around only 4/5 months? Not really. But is this a problem for when new players join and older players want new stuff? Absolutely. They're going to leave and go to that new server with perfected PK'ing and all those extra bells and whistles. I know that the staff is busy, but if they want to compete and legit be the best server, better step it up, especially since I would like to think a lot of new players can potentially join come summertime.
Signature courtesy of Retsnom

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:24 am

Rapsey wrote:
The underdog wrote:
Spoiler: show
"Either way, our ambition is to become the biggest RSPS with the largest playerbase in 2015. "

Ppl see us on the lists yes, but they do not get what they expect.

"Join our heartwarming and lovely community today! With an average of 200 - 400 players online, we have an active and balanced economy. With a lot of PKing activity in our wilderness and a 'start- and go' policy; we get you into the wilderness as quickly as possible! "

Hearthwarming and lovely community? Hell no.

Average of 200-400 online? Not when I play(ed), maybe coz ppl quit so fast.

Active and balanced economy, it's not active at all at the moment due to playerbase and it's totally ruined by merching. Rich players have too much influence on the economy and stock up/buy out on lots of supplies, keeps the prices up but I can't get a normal barrows set for a price anywhere near reasonable.

Pkhonor as the servers name does imply that it is a server for honorable pkers, so active wilderness and fair pking.
New players come and check it out, make a little money buy a normal pk set and enter the wilderness.
And what do they find? A dead wilderness with only a few scumbag pkers remaining totally outhitting them. They are even primary target for easy pkp and ratio. They see they have no chance anyhow in the near future and leave the server.

"» Completely lag-free, 99.9999% uptime and solid DDoS protection
» Not a 'pay to play' server: you need not spend a cent to enjoy every single feature or item within the game."

Lies

"We have a charming and helpful Staff Team"

*cough*

"Our server is player-oriented; "you tell us what you'd like to see added or changed in our game, and we'll make it happen!" Our programmers are capable of a lot, and try to release at least one update a week."

This one hurts the most.
What do I like to see? Read trough my 900 posts and you'll know.

Now we're at a point where we need to rebuild the server instead of keeping it active, plus osrs is large competition now.

Didn't mention a few points but they aren't important to mention on top of this. Apart from that, everything is perfectly fine.

So my suggestion is to work at the points we advertise with to make them actually true. To keep new players here after the work to get them her
Ours is outdated, granted, but I suggest you take a look at what other servers write and compare it with their facts. I think focusing on all the things that are wrong with PkHonor makes people forget it's actually a damn good server, especially compared to others.

Of course we could be more truthful and simply write "PkHonor, the server where people criticize everything!" but what do you want, an honest description or one that actually encourages visitors to click through and at least try the game?

That being said a complete rework of the toplist description is planned. Less text, more images and focus on our strong points. You're definitely right in saying that it needs work.
I honestly don't give a damn about possible untruthful advertising and personally I can totally understand some lagg issues, no large new content and a staff team I don't totally agree with.

But what we advertize with are actually very good points our server should have (or already had).
So I'm not saying remove those things from the advertising but make them shine (again) on pkhonor.

I only have real issues with the lack of small updates especially for the wilderness. a little tweaking for example.
The combat system should be like osrs yes, but the problem is osrs combat system is balanced on their equipment. They don't have divine, nex gear, druidic, chaotics, pkp gear, claws etc. And those things need tweaking for example.

Imagine you are that new player who saw our advertisement page and joins the server. Make a new account from scratch without friends and money, what things make you want to play or want to leave. Do you stand a chance in pking, building bank, pvming etc.

Could type a lot more, but as said 'not gunna read coz underdog'.
#Justice4Church

Jade
Honor Player

Post by Jade » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:15 am

Everything looks great to me I only wanna know when d:
yeah I've got multiple personalities but you're two faced AF

Rimweed
Premium Donator

Post by Rimweed » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:17 am

Yes! Thats the spirit! If you guys will keep up the great work you're doing now, we surley will become the largest RSPS out there. I'm looking forward to seeing this happen :afro:

By the way, if I'll keep voting without ::vote only via pasting the link, will I get the bonuses? I have to assume, no? :|

Opulent
Honor Player

Post by Opulent » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Sounds good :) Great work

Marco
Champion

Post by Marco » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:21 pm

Around when glacors will be ingame ?
kik : clackshody83

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Im amber wrote:Yes! Thats the spirit! If you guys will keep up the great work you're doing now, we surley will become the largest RSPS out there. I'm looking forward to seeing this happen :afro:

By the way, if I'll keep voting without ::vote only via pasting the link, will I get the bonuses? I have to assume, no? :|
Yes, you'll still get the vote points.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:18 am

Amount wrote:
Im amber wrote:Yes! Thats the spirit! If you guys will keep up the great work you're doing now, we surley will become the largest RSPS out there. I'm looking forward to seeing this happen :afro:

Correct, but I recommend at least going through our vote page rather than re-using the URL's of our toplist pages. Some toplists may consider votes that come out of the blue (i.e. not being directed there from some other page) to be suspicious. ;)

Also, while this is not the case for the current voting rewards, in the future we might add rewards that require you to visit our vote page before voting. Not because we want to, but because it might be the only way to achieve voting rewards on certain toplists.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:20 am

Rapsey wrote:
Amount wrote:

Correct, but I recommend at least going through our vote page rather than re-using the URL's of our toplist pages. Some toplists may consider votes that come out of the blue (i.e. not being directed there from some other page) to be suspicious. ;)

Also, while this is not the case for the current voting rewards, in the future we might add rewards that require you to visit our vote page before voting. Not because we want to, but because it might be the only way to achieve voting rewards on certain toplists.
*writes a script that reloads the runelocus page in tor and votes for you*

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:11 am

When is the second Tier 2 voting option going to return? Also, I believe that Ultimate RSPS (only Tier 2 shown atm) actually allows you to vote every 20H, whereas the timer on our voting homepage gives a 24H cool down.