Time for some glacors

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Your opinion on glacors

I agree that glacors should be donator-only
33%
Glacors should be for all players, you capitalist swine
9%
Glacors should be personalized (each player their own cave)
14%
Glacors should be in one cave where multiple players can be present
22%
Glacors should be in single-combat (note: if this is chosen, all spawned glacytes will be able to attack a player at the same time)
6%
Glacors should be in single-combat, but glacors and glacytes should be able to damage other players if they stand too close (just like RS)
7%
Glacors should be in multi-combat
9%

Total votes: 268

Nolan
Honor Player

Re: Time for some glacors

Post by Nolan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:21 pm

D 4 u 4 wrote:What is the problem of being able to use transformations in the wilderness?
There's no reason they should be allowed, but a few reasons why you may want them to be disallowed.

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Azu rite wrote:If you're placing them in the wildy, disable all transformation items from entering the wilderness, they have no place there anyway.
Just death...no one pvms as a monkey.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:32 pm

They have no reasonable use within the wildy, with the combat ones, you can't attack anything within the wildy, unless it's a super user/super admin, people abuse, and have abused transformations with alternate accounts (ex. Player a uses a transformation on one account to drop food/scout/hide their other account to rush, be able to survive for hours.), it creates unfair advantages for people within the wilderness, most commonly used to get around the anti afk measures Mike implemented long ago. Why would you want them other than to abuse them, and create unfair advantages over other players?

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Azu rite wrote:They have no reasonable use within the wildy, with the combat ones, you can't attack anything within the wildy, unless it's a super user/super admin, people abuse, and have abused transformations with alternate accounts (ex. Player a uses a transformation on one account to drop food/scout/hide their other account to rush, be able to survive for hours.), it creates unfair advantages for people within the wilderness, most commonly used to get around the anti afk measures Mike implemented long ago. Why would you want them other than to abuse them, and create unfair advantages over other players?
Most people use them to clue run/ train without being hindered by no-lifers who wish to kill them. I see no problem with this. As for rushers, people can stand under other people anyway (plus there isn't anyone to rush anyway since they all prot melee).

People can make a level three and still drop food etc within the wilderness since double logging is perfectly legal.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Melee isn't the only combat option out there, and there are other ways to "do clue runs" or "train without no lifers killing you"

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:50 pm

Azu rite wrote:Melee isn't the only combat option out there, and there are other ways to "do clue runs" or "train without no lifers killing you"
As I said, you don't need a transformation to be able to rush.

And care to name a few of these methods?

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:54 pm

Maybe make glacors a magic only boss (like on RS) and have them be weak to fire spells (Fire bolt, strike, wave, etc.) The fire spells could hit 1.6x on them, making fire wave's max hit without boosts 32.

It's about time we had one of those...

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:06 am

Simon wrote:Maybe make glacors a magic only boss (like on RS) and have them be weak to fire spells (Fire bolt, strike, wave, etc.) The fire spells could hit 1.6x on them, making fire wave's max hit without boosts 32.

That honestly just makes them annoying and inconvenient.

I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again...

They're only fucking boots. They aren't that special and I don't know why everyone is treating them as something they're not. They won't help the wilderness and hiding them away in some barely accessible place, or forcing people to use inefficient methods to kill them, won't help the situation. It will make them dead content after a few days.

If we want people to actually want to kill these in the long run, they need to be readily available and appealing. That doesn't mean make them almost impossible to kill because all they drop is three pairs of mediocre boots that won't be worth shit after a week. Boots. Not OP weapons, nor OP armour. Just three pairs of goddamn boots.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:01 am

Noobinho wrote:
Azu rite wrote:They have no reasonable use within the wildy, with the combat ones, you can't attack anything within the wildy, unless it's a super user/super admin, people abuse, and have abused transformations with alternate accounts (ex. Player a uses a transformation on one account to drop food/scout/hide their other account to rush, be able to survive for hours.), it creates unfair advantages for people within the wilderness, most commonly used to get around the anti afk measures Mike implemented long ago. Why would you want them other than to abuse them, and create unfair advantages over other players?
Most people use them to clue run/ train without being hindered by no-lifers who wish to kill them. I see no problem with this. As for rushers, people can stand under other people anyway (plus there isn't anyone to rush anyway since they all prot melee).

People can make a level three and still drop food etc within the wilderness since double logging is perfectly legal.
Players camping clue runs and killing trainers should be ip banned.
And it does not outweigh the cons of transformations.
Full virtus and divine+two transformations to run food is unlimited food for example.

Where a level 3 (still 30min problem) can be killed by pures and transformations can not.

Wilderness activity will be cut in half though, when all the afking transformations are gone.

Anyway don't worry, it won't
change anyway.

But the point here is a cave in the wild, where death (the rich) can pvm safely and others take the risk of being pked.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Lahutatude
Premium Donator

Post by Lahutatude » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:36 am

Rawr wrote:
Simon wrote:Maybe make glacors a magic only boss (like on RS) and have them be weak to fire spells (Fire bolt, strike, wave, etc.) The fire spells could hit 1.6x on them, making fire wave's max hit without boosts 32.

That honestly just makes them annoying and inconvenient.

I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again...

They're only fucking boots. They aren't that special and I don't know why everyone is treating them as something they're not. They won't help the wilderness and hiding them away in some barely accessible place, or forcing people to use inefficient methods to kill them, won't help the situation. It will make them dead content after a few days.

If we want people to actually want to kill these in the long run, they need to be readily available and appealing. That doesn't mean make them almost impossible to kill because all they drop is three pairs of mediocre boots that won't be worth shit after a week. Boots. Not OP weapons, nor OP armour. Just three pairs of goddamn boots.
Sooooo agreed!!! ^
I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives!