Time for some glacors

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Your opinion on glacors

I agree that glacors should be donator-only
33%
Glacors should be for all players, you capitalist swine
9%
Glacors should be personalized (each player their own cave)
14%
Glacors should be in one cave where multiple players can be present
22%
Glacors should be in single-combat (note: if this is chosen, all spawned glacytes will be able to attack a player at the same time)
6%
Glacors should be in single-combat, but glacors and glacytes should be able to damage other players if they stand too close (just like RS)
7%
Glacors should be in multi-combat
9%

Total votes: 268

Jelle
Honor Player

Re: Time for some glacors

Post by Jelle » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Ryan wrote:
Houwuh wrote:
Ryan wrote:These are the stats of the Glacor boots when Runescape originally introduced them. perhaps we can use these?

Steadfast Boots
Spoiler: show
Attack;
-Stab +2
-Slash +2
-Crush +2
-Magic -4
-Ranged -1

Defence;
-Stab +20
-Slash +21
-Crush +22
-Magic +0
-Ranged +0

Strength;
-Strength +4

Prayer;
-Prayer +0
Glaiven Boots
Attack;
-Stab 0
-Slash 0
-Crush 0
-Magic -12
-Range +10

Defence;
-Stab +3
-Slash +4
-Crush +5
-Magic +3
-Ranged 0

Strength;
-Strength 0

Prayer;
-Prayer 0
Ragefire Boots
Attack;
-Stab 0
-Slash 0
-Crush 0
-Magic +6
-Ranged 0

Defence;
-Stab 0
-Slash 0
-Crush 0
-Magic +6
-Ranged 0

Strength;
-Strength 0

Prayer;
-Prayer 0
these stats are almost the same as the current d boots, ranger boots and inf boots. I'd like to see these glacors boots to be a bit stronger.
If you have a look at the Dragon boot stats ingame you'll actually notice a significant difference between the two.
yea +4 defence which is almost nothing and the other two boots have like +1 more range or magic than the ranger/inf boots

Ryan
Staff Manager

Post by Ryan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:04 pm

They're only supposed to be slightly better.. They're boots.. In comparison to platebodies and such they provide minimal bonuses. It should stay that way.

Lkn
Honor Player

Post by Lkn » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Yes! Been waiting for this for so long, can't wait for glacors to come out!

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:14 pm

They should be for premium members only and not donators, there would be a little bit less traffic in the zone which would be good.

You should make it so to get to glacors you have to make a portal in your house, perhaps it requires 99 construction? So as to futher narrow down who can actually go to glacors.

And please for the love of god don't be lazy with the drop table, add more then just boots. Add other little items so you still make steady income regardless if you get boots or not.

Lkn
Honor Player

Post by Lkn » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Ain wrote:They should be for premium members only and not donators, there would be a little bit less traffic in the zone which would be good.

You should make it so to get to glacors you have to make a portal in your house, perhaps it requires 99 construction? So as to futher narrow down who can actually go to glacors.

And please for the love of god don't be lazy with the drop table, add more then just boots. Add other little items so you still make steady income regardless if you get boots or not.
Yes, yes, yes! I love this idea.

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Will Death be available at Glacors?

Also I believe we discussed in the Committee that perhaps Glacors could also be put at the ice part in deep Wilderness, but perhaps yes it should be for Donator+

I do not think that just a cave in the Wilderness will have any benefits for the server, people run to the cave and enter (so you can't really go PK'ing if people go safe in the cave)

D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Post by D 4 u 4 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:01 pm

Ain wrote:And please for the love of god don't be lazy with the drop table, add more then just boots. Add other little items so you still make steady income regardless if you get boots or not.
I don't know if this is a good idea or not but they could also rarely drop corrupt pvp items.

Swaggit
Honor Player

Post by Swaggit » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:37 pm

I think I'm all for being able to PK in said cave, the new clan #Divas can surely take over.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 pm

I think the following would work well:

-> Donator+ (appear in Ice Strykewyrm cave) / Premium (appear in FD Cave)
-> 50+ Wilderness (west of the agility course), available for all.

That way, anyone can access them but it would be ideal for Donators+. It would mean that everyone can access the monsters though, which is really how I think it should be. Just giving Donators a more preferable way to obtain them however, would be nice. You could even add another option for people to pay a fee to have their own personalised ones in the Frost Dragon cave, if they were so inclined.

I just really don't want to see them hidden away in the Wilderness, that's my main concern. If they're purely in the Wilderness then they'll be filled with PKers killing PVMers and it won't do anyone any good. It will just piss a lot of people off. They aren't OP or OTT items, so if you make them too hard to get then no one will bother.

I'm not so sure on the multi-combat thing however; it means people with the best gear can essentially blitz out anyone else, not giving them a chance.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Rawr wrote:I think the following would work well:

-> Donator+ (appear in Ice Strykewyrm cave) / Premium (appear in FD Cave)
-> 50+ Wilderness (west of the agility course), available for all.

That way, anyone can access them but it would be ideal for Donators+. It would mean that everyone can access the monsters though, which is really how I think it should be. Just giving Donators a more preferable way to obtain them however, would be nice. You could even add another option for people to pay a fee to have their own personalised ones in the Frost Dragon cave, if they were so inclined.

I just really don't want to see them hidden away in the Wilderness, that's my main concern. If they're purely in the Wilderness then they'll be filled with PKers killing PVMers and it won't do anyone any good. It will just piss a lot of people off. They aren't OP or OTT items, so if you make them too hard to get then no one will bother.

I'm not so sure on the multi-combat thing however; it means people with the best gear can essentially blitz out anyone else, not giving them a chance.
Multi-combat should only come with a personalized place.