Time for some glacors

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Your opinion on glacors

I agree that glacors should be donator-only
33%
Glacors should be for all players, you capitalist swine
9%
Glacors should be personalized (each player their own cave)
14%
Glacors should be in one cave where multiple players can be present
22%
Glacors should be in single-combat (note: if this is chosen, all spawned glacytes will be able to attack a player at the same time)
6%
Glacors should be in single-combat, but glacors and glacytes should be able to damage other players if they stand too close (just like RS)
7%
Glacors should be in multi-combat
9%

Total votes: 268

Nolan
Honor Player

Re: Time for some glacors

Post by Nolan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:02 am

1 area multi-combat or 2 separate areas single-combat.

If 2 areas, then have 1 area for donators+ and one for regular players, the one for donators+ will have 3x higher drop rates.

No more than 2-5 in each zone.

Recov 78439
Known Venturer

Post by Recov 78439 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:21 am

i don't think you should put this in the wilderness as people will be camping outside of it with anceint magiks just too pk people who want to do the pvm side to the game.

Strdargoba
Premium Donator

Post by Strdargoba » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:58 am

I like the idea of it being someplace harder to get but then again it's really only going to boost deep wildy camping then not really promote Pvming. Id personally like to see it require something besides just donator, kind of like how kq and dags require you to do achievements to make it something to achieve. also I like the Idea of having it drop more then just boots. Kind of like barrel chests and the stream neck being the rare boot drop. All in all, I'm really looking foward to this update!

Poem
Wise One

Post by Poem » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:55 am

Let's make it to where you can't use Cannon or Morphs there, then people can't camp them, and people can't annoy the shit out of everyone with cannons.

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:13 am

Poem wrote:Let's make it to where you can't use Cannon or Morphs there, then people can't camp them, and people can't annoy the shit out of everyone with cannons.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:00 am

Those stats posted on the first page are a little low if you ask me.
I don't see the point in even adding these for a few miniscule bonus'. Yes they're boots, but why go through this whole process of introducing a new monster to PKH, when all they drop is some glorified d boots.

K1l1l1l1l1l1
Champion

Post by K1l1l1l1l1l1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:43 am

These boots aren't that great, and nor are they meant to be. Might as well make them available to normal players since they'll only be worth 50m max...

D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Post by D 4 u 4 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:55 am

Poem wrote:Let's make it to where you can't use Cannon or Morphs there, then people can't camp them, and people can't annoy the shit out of everyone with cannons.
You should be able to use death there as it is a PVM item so if you can't kill glacors with it it's a bit pointless.

Metal raimon
Premium Donator

Post by Metal raimon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Houwuh wrote:
Ryan wrote:These are the stats of the Glacor boots when Runescape originally introduced them. perhaps we can use these?

Steadfast Boots
Spoiler: show
Attack;
-Stab +2
-Slash +2
-Crush +2
-Magic -4
-Ranged -1

Defence;
-Stab +20
-Slash +21
-Crush +22
-Magic +0
-Ranged +0

Strength;
-Strength +4

Prayer;
-Prayer +0
Glaiven Boots
Attack;
-Stab 0
-Slash 0
-Crush 0
-Magic -12
-Range +10

Defence;
-Stab +3
-Slash +4
-Crush +5
-Magic +3
-Ranged 0

Strength;
-Strength 0

Prayer;
-Prayer 0
Ragefire Boots
Attack;
-Stab 0
-Slash 0
-Crush 0
-Magic +6
-Ranged 0

Defence;
-Stab 0
-Slash 0
-Crush 0
-Magic +6
-Ranged 0

Strength;
-Strength 0

Prayer;
-Prayer 0
these stats are almost the same as the current d boots, ranger boots and inf boots. I'd like to see these glacors boots to be a bit stronger.
Agreed, these stats are way to low. Ragefires have literally no def?

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:03 pm

Nickrock wrote:Keep glacors in an area where they are a bit more difficult to access. I like the idea of having the cave entrance in the wilderness and the cave itself non-wilderness; just like corporeal beast in Runescape.
That seems so unnecessary though. People will just have to bring a few brews to get into the cave and then they're set. It would be more of an inconvenience than anything else.

These boots aren't supposed to ridiculously expensive. They aren't game changing; they're fucking boots. I don't understand why people would want something so small hidden away and difficult to obtain. They aren't special. There are better things we could do to the Wilderness rather than attempt to force activity into it like this.