More boss pets, +50% XP & ironman mode on testserver

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Collin 11
Premium Donator

Re: More boss pets, +50% XP & ironman mode on testserver

Post by Collin 11 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:13 am

Hyped and looking forward to Iron Man!! I'll be making one and playing the hell out of it for sure.

Having a unique icon similar to on Oldschool Runescape seems fine. Then maybe slightly change the color for donator and premium status on top of Iron Man status.

Also, will there be a way to filter highscores for Iron Man? Not really needed on release but maybe in the future so that it can be competitive.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:09 am

all in favor for this crown please say "I"

Jade
Honor Player

Post by Jade » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:31 am

One star wrote:
Amount wrote:
One star wrote: I like the idea of making an already excisting account into an iron man, might clear up the economy a bit as well if you think about it.
Although make sure that donators or premium members can't do this without a warning of their current state.
That ain't gonna happen...
A big part of Iron Man mode is the competition and highscores.
As the guy stated it'd be your account being changed to an iron man, it'd be completely wiped out, all stats reset, all items gone too, and as the guy I quoted stated it'd put the starter pack in your inventory.
Therefor you'd be a on a completely new account, but with your old name.
You'd trade your account for a reset, and a the iron man status.

This wouldn't take away the highscore challenge, nor would it do anything to the competition, it'd be fair.

EDIT: After reading back I think you misunderstood me saying it'd clear up the economy a bit, what I meant was that it'd get rid of a couple of items because the bank would be wiped, I didn't mean the items would still be in game but the player won't be able to trade them because of his ironman status.
Perhaps you misunderstood how the honor tickets work.

If you get a free ironman ticket, to go on an account with less than 30 minutes played how is that suppose to clear up the economy? You start an account with a starter pack, use the ticket and then get a starter pack in its place?!
yeah I've got multiple personalities but you're two faced AF

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:32 am

The amount of people who can't interprete eachothers thoughts is amazing.
Jade, he means that every account can become an iron man. For example my premium account Ruler. Every item will be removed from that account and it will become an iron man. Just so I've got an iron man named Ruler.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:42 am

ironman - you should only be able to buy prem/donar in a shop for coins/pkp. no donating should be allowed. I don't think voting should be allowed either but meh.

Iron lowlife

Post by Iron lowlife » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:34 am

Jade wrote:Perhaps you misunderstood how the honor tickets work.

If you get a free ironman ticket, to go on an account with less than 30 minutes played how is that suppose to clear up the economy? You start an account with a starter pack, use the ticket and then get a starter pack in its place?!
As a honor player myself I'm quite familiar with the idea of the ticket.
What I mean is that, I love your idea, but would like to have it on all accounts at all time, considering I already have a personal challenge iron man without the mode actually being released, and I've spend a lot of time on it, but want to keep my name on my new iron man account with the actual mode being released.
I could choose to get a free ticket, and use it on my "Iron Man" that I have right now, this would make that account an iron man, clearing it's (if I may say so, for somebody who didn't trade at all) rather nice bank.

If this were the case, which I think is rather unlikely but okay, it would actually clear the economy a little bit.
Sverre wrote:The amount of people who can't interprete eachothers thoughts is amazing.
Jade, he means that every account can become an iron man. For example my premium account Ruler. Every item will be removed from that account and it will become an iron man. Just so I've got an iron man named Ruler.

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 am

One star wrote:
Jade wrote:Perhaps you misunderstood how the honor tickets work.

As a honor player myself I'm quite familiar with the idea of the ticket.
What I mean is that, I love your idea, but would like to have it on all accounts at all time, considering I already have a personal challenge iron man without the mode actually being released, and I've spend a lot of time on it, but want to keep my name on my new iron man account with the actual mode being released.
I could choose to get a free ticket, and use it on my "Iron Man" that I have right now, this would make that account an iron man, clearing it's (if I may say so, for somebody who didn't trade at all) rather nice bank.

If this were the case, which I think is rather unlikely but okay, it would actually clear the economy a little bit.
Sverre wrote:The amount of people who can't interprete eachothers thoughts is amazing.

.. If Mike ever made it so you could convert your account to an ironman, you would not keep any of your items, stats, or anything that would benefit you. Essentially you would just keep the username.

Just make a new account, it literally doesn't matter.

Iron lowlife

Post by Iron lowlife » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Ain wrote:.. If Mike ever made it so you could convert your account to an ironman, you would not keep any of your items, stats, or anything that would benefit you. Essentially you would just keep the username.

Just make a new account, it literally doesn't matter.
That's the idea, keeping your username.
I know it's a bit of a nitpicky request, but it just seems cool to me to be able to do that, and as I stated it would clean up the economy because some items would be removed.

Collin 11
Premium Donator

Post by Collin 11 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Grizzly mint wrote:ironman - you should only be able to buy prem/donar in a shop for coins/pkp. no donating should be allowed. I don't think voting should be allowed either but meh.
I think iron account should be able to donate and vote. It's a core part of pkh and if people want to spend a ton of money to get an advantage then in the long run that's a good thing since it will go toward promoting or supporting the server :)

Floriduh
Premium Donator

Post by Floriduh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Collin 11 wrote:
Grizzly mint wrote:ironman - you should only be able to buy prem/donar in a shop for coins/pkp. no donating should be allowed. I don't think voting should be allowed either but meh.
I think iron account should be able to donate and vote. It's a core part of pkh and if people want to spend a ton of money to get an advantage then in the long run that's a good thing since it will go toward promoting or supporting the server :)
You can vote and donate on another account. it's an unfair advantage. The point of an iron man is that you're supposed to be "alone" and not receiving outside help (as well as competing for ranks).
Signature courtesy of Retsnom