New beginnings

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: New beginnings

Post by Mike » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:16 pm

We've hereby decided that the minimum required time period to receive the ex-staff title is 9 months. Furthermore, considering the way forum staff team works atm (barely any duties, little supervision, ...) we have also decided that forum staff - at least for the time being - will not receive the ex-staff title when resigning.

We've looked at any other staff members who may be eligible for the title (and who resigned in 2015), but none qualify. I apologize to anyone who thinks they deserve the rank, but this is how it is.

4gottengodz
Champion

Post by 4gottengodz » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:36 pm

That's one way of saying 'fuck you forum mods'
Karl25 pk wrote:Shes bouncing on someones cock atm

Maurits
Honor Player

Post by Maurits » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:40 pm

4gottengodz wrote:That's one way of saying 'fuck you forum mods'
Forum Moderators are needed, but not as important as ingame moderators. (their jobs aren't compareable either)

Hump gru

Post by Hump gru » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:16 pm

We've looked at any other staff members who may be eligible for the title (and who resigned in 2015), but none qualify. I apologize to anyone who thinks they deserve the rank, but this is how it is.
Umm okay... Guess not then...? I don't see how ex admins aren't eligible :\
Last edited by Hump gru on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:23 pm

Mike wrote:We've hereby decided that the minimum required time period to receive the ex-staff title is 9 months. Furthermore, considering the way forum staff team works atm (barely any duties, little supervision, ...) we have also decided that forum staff - at least for the time being - will not receive the ex-staff title when resigning.

And.. Helpers are not getting it either correct? Because they are def not.. staff lol.

I agree they shouldn't get ex-staff since they don't really do shit tbh, however that means that in game moderators that are worthless should also not get it =---)

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:02 pm

I assume Billy is from belgium?:)

welcome man!
furthermore, good choise making those requirements for ex-staff strict, we don't want drama anymore in 2015.

and i also wish you the best of luck with your exam results.

Ryun
Premium Donator

Post by Ryun » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:09 pm

Mike wrote:We've hereby decided that the minimum required time period to receive the ex-staff title is 9 months. Furthermore, considering the way forum staff team works atm (barely any duties, little supervision, ...) we have also decided that forum staff - at least for the time being - will not receive the ex-staff title when resigning.

My only other question is, since I was a mod for ~7 months. If I re apply during the summer and stay mod for another 7 months and the same kind of thing happens. Would I be eligible for the status then? Or does it have to be 9 months in a row?

Daan
Honor Player

Post by Daan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Mike wrote:
Ruler wrote:For Daan getting ex-staff, wasn't he supposed to get advisor? No offence but it looks like advisor>ex staff (ex staff is nothing more than a fancy title right?). It looks to me like: Hey Daan, thanks for all your dedication here's advisor. Oh wait, you sucked too hard, here is a candy (you get what I mean).

What about ex staff helpers? I know helpers aren't regarded as staff, and I think giving them an ex staff title would be weird. But being a helper for 6+ months also shows a lot of dedication in my opinion.

To be fair, one of the main reasons we decided to introduce the title at this point is because Rapsey and myself had decided not to grant the Advisor rank to Daan (the reasoning why will not be laid out here to avoid arguments on the topic). However, we still wanted to thank him for his service and all the work he had done, therefore he's the first person to receive the ex-staff title. Let's just leave it at that, I'm afraid no amount of complaining will change anything. Thank you.
According to Mike and Rapsey I can't be trusted with the administration rights that come with the Advisor rank which literally makes no sense. I've been admin for 1 year and like 5 months, even got more rights along the way (trade rights,refund box) and I haven't used any of my rights for personal gain nor to hurt a player.

As for the ex-staff rank. Every ex-staff member that meets the requirements should have 60 days to claim his rank. I'm sure people that have served on Pkhonor for over 9 months are worth 3-4 minutes of your time.

My 2 cents on billys promo.
Spoiler: show
Edit 1: Can't yell anymore due to the ex-staff rank.
Last edited by Daan on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unicorn
Champion

Post by Unicorn » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Honestly I feel those who are semi active even just on forums who are ex staff for you know 3-6 months plus honestly deserve the ex staff rank as long as they were good staff members and deserve the title
Image Image

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:14 am

Daan wrote:According to Mike and Rapsey I can't be trusted with the administration rights that come with the Advisor rank which literally makes no sense.
I most certainly never said that, and I'm pretty sure neither did Mike. We have always described the Advisor rank as an ultra rare gift, our Victoria Cross if you will. That's why after 4+ years and ~200 staff members, we only have 3 Advisors. It saddens us deeply that sometimes people expect to get it or are disappointed when they don't. In fact the only reason the subject is being discussed right now is because some people have been spreading their assumptions, even though we never said anything to suggest those would be true.

So instead of being the super positive thing it was meant to be, Advisor is now having the opposite effect, to the point where we are being guilt tripped into giving it. Well I'm truly sorry the rumor mill got your hopes up, but we have always been very clear on exactly how rare Advisor is. Unfortunately the only way to have an ultra rare gift to give is to not give it to almost everyone, even to people who may very well deserve it. (Yes, we are intentionally keeping it that rare.)

Given how not getting Advisor tends to disappoint or even offend people, it's entirely possible it will not be given anymore at all.

If anyone would like to further this discussion you are welcome to get back to me through PM. This news topic just isn't the right place for it.