Let's talk Castle Wars rewards!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

What do you think of the suggestions?

Add hybrid armours
14%
Add hybrid armours but keep them out of the wilderness
5%
Don't add hybrid armours
0%
I agree with the vanguard stats
7%
Make vanguard stronger
7%
Make vanguard weaker
0%
I agree with the battle-mage stats
8%
Make battle-mage stronger
4%
Make battle-mage weaker
1%
I agree with the trickster stats
7%
Make trickster stronger
5%
Make trickster weaker
1%
Add god bows
13%
Add god bows but keep them out of the wilderness
4%
Don't add god bows
0%
I agree with god bows being the same as dark bows
3%
I disagree with god bows being the same as dark bows
6%
I agree with the god bows stats
4%
Make god bows weaker
No votes
Make god bows stronger
11%

Total votes: 429

Errobbie
Honor Player

Re: Let's talk Castle Wars rewards!

Post by Errobbie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Hashtag wrote:Put up an animal staff one too. It's the same as Chaotic Staff in stats. If that also out hits the 3a staff, something is wrong in general.

I still stand by what I said though. Make it 2H and the appeal to use it like an asshole goes down in general.
And it would be completely useless..
Image Image

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Vanquish wrote:
Hashtag wrote:Put up an animal staff one too. It's the same as Chaotic Staff in stats. If that also out hits the 3a staff, something is wrong in general.

I still stand by what I said though. Make it 2H and the appeal to use it like an asshole goes down in general.
So Drudic is only used by assholes? K remove Drudic.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Yellow pee wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

So Drudic is only used by assholes? K remove Drudic.
It'd become dead content.
Do you want more dead content?
Besides, if you get a newfag asshole using it you get a free 60-70b.
Image Image

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Vanquish wrote:

It would have a massive HP boost, the highest maximum damage potential, and it just wouldn't be able to make a person unkillable anymore. Either the HP boost or the shield slot should go...having both currently makes it impossible to kill a person using it.

Anyways, we're totally off-topic. I posted to question the change of a few mechanics, as to make Castle Wars (and PVP) less pay-to-win and now we've turned it into an argument...

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Vanquish wrote: Do you want more dead content?
Besides, if you get a newfag asshole using it you get a free 60-70b.
Drudic + divine + protection prayers + farcasting + eating when your hp drops below 100 = you never die.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Hashtag wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

It would have a massive HP boost, the highest maximum damage potential, and it just wouldn't be able to make a person unkillable anymore. Either the HP boost or the shield slot should go...having both currently makes it impossible to kill a person using it.

Anyways, we're totally off-topic. I posted to question the change of a few mechanics, as to make Castle Wars (and PVP) less pay-to-win and now we've turned it into an argument...
Castle wars has always been "pay-to-win" and always will be. It's just that type of minigame that people with better gear will have an advantage, sorta like most other minigames. It's not as if most of them never worked hard to get where they're at.
Image Image

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:03 am

Vanquish wrote: Castle wars has always been "pay-to-win" and always will be. It's just that type of minigame that people with better gear will have an advantage, sorta like most other minigames. It's not as if most of them never worked hard to get where they're at.
No, it isn't. Removing HP boosts and divines removes any element of pay-to-win in it. It would no longer be who has the biggest bank, but who can deal the most DPS, which is how it is on 07. In 07, there is no gear that makes you unkillable or incredibly superior to anyone. If you prevent the use of the items that make it pay-to-win, it becomes a fair playing field that everyone can enjoy and not just the elite with billions upon billions to spend.

Most gear that gives you an advantage shouldn't be so advantageous that you almost cannot die. Sadly, that's what it is like on Pkhonor with Druidic, divines and Nex gear. All other gear is cheap enough that most people can use it and it doesn't give huge, unbeatable boosts.

I do not want to be playing a minigame where I cannot even compete with opposing players, simply because I do not have close to one hundred billion to spend on overpowered gear.
Last edited by Rawr on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:09 am

Hashtag wrote:
Vanquish wrote: Castle wars has always been "pay-to-win" and always will be. It's just that type of minigame that people with better gear will have an advantage, sorta like most other minigames. It's not as if most of them never worked hard to get where they're at.
No, it isn't. Removing HP boosts and divines removes any element of pay-to-win in it. It would no longer be who has the biggest bank, but who can deal the most DPS, which is how it is on 07. In 07, there is no gear that makes you unkillable or incredibly superior to anyone. If you prevent the use of the items that make it pay-to-win, it becomes a fair playing field that everyone can enjoy and not just the elite with billions upon billions to spend.
07 and PkHonor are completely different. On PkHonor you can get things a lot easier, as obviously, they are more obtainable than on 07. Removing divines, hp boosts from hp boosting armours would be completely insane. Most people actually worked to get these advantages over less experienced/fortunate players and deserve to keep said advantage.
Image Image

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:10 am

Vanquish wrote:07 and PkHonor are completely different. On PkHonor you can get things a lot easier, as obviously, they are more obtainable than on 07. Removing divines, hp boosts from hp boosting armours would be completely insane. Most people actually worked to get these advantages over less experienced/fortunate players and deserve to keep said advantage.
Uh
It's ONE minigame
Having an extreme advantage on everything else combat related isn't enough, you need the advantage on the one minigame that's supposed to be fair too?

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:11 am

Vanquish wrote:
Hashtag wrote:
07 and PkHonor are completely different. On PkHonor you can get things a lot easier, as obviously, they are more obtainable than on 07. Removing divines, hp boosts from hp boosting armours would be completely insane. Most people actually worked to get these advantages over less experienced/fortunate players and deserve to keep said advantage.
I can afford all of them, but I do not think that makes it fair for me to use gear that I know makes me unstoppable. I don't give a shit if it makes it easy for me, it IS NOT FAIR to everyone else. Stop thinking about yourself and about how allowing overpowered gear like this in Castle Wars would put a lot of people off playing it. It is meant for everybody, not just those with a lot of money.