New beginnings

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Hayden
Elite

Re: New beginnings

Post by Hayden » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:23 am

the human sense of entitlement is real

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:28 am

It would be a lot better if you never added in ex-staff, ever. Making people prior to this addition not count as ex-staff, alienates probably hundreds of people - most of which did nothing wrong.

It's really disrespectful to the people who spent their time to help people here. You may not mean it that way, but it truly is rude.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:34 am

I don't understand why people are getting so caught up in this...

The Ex-Staff title is obviously an expression of gratitude; they don't want people, such as Daan, to feel under-appreciated after their hard work despite not being bestowed with the Advisor rank.

It's a simple gesture with good intentions behind it. Stop creating drama over nothing.

Heisenberg
Honor Player

Post by Heisenberg » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:41 am

Amount wrote:I don't understand why people are getting so caught up in this...

The Ex-Staff title is obviously an expression of gratitude; they don't want people, such as Daan, to feel under-appreciated after their hard work despite not being bestowed with the Advisor rank.

It's a simple gesture with good intentions behind it. Stop creating drama over nothing.
Preach it dad.
Errobbie wrote:Helper is pretty much a useless rank.

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:44 pm

I dont understand... Why hire someone totally unfamiliar with the position regardless of his knowledge and such... Patel has been an Admin for a long time, and so has Rick. If anything, one of them should have taken over the role, if not both to be joint managers. This upsets me how the new staff manager has been introduced... But it's Mikes server, and wish you all the best of luck with this promotion.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:04 pm

But there are extremely notable staff members who undoubtedly deserve this. I'll try to talk to Mike later to see if atleast a few exceptions can be made. I know Mike and Rapsey only have good intentions, but whether they intend it or not, people who don't deserve to be offended will be offended. They can fix this for a few users.

Stefan
Advisor

Post by Stefan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:45 pm

Patel wrote:

But there are extremely notable staff members who undoubtedly deserve this. I'll try to talk to Mike later to see if atleast a few exceptions can be made. I know Mike and Rapsey only have good intentions, but whether they intend it or not, people who don't deserve to be offended will be offended. They can fix this for a few users.
If they fix it for a few, everyone will bitch too, don't worry.

The way they're doing it is the best, in my opinion.

Rise or fall
Known Venturer

Post by Rise or fall » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:48 pm

If Moab isn't considered " ex-staff", and isn't entitled to the title that you just made for it, well then the title is clearly a crock of shit.

Everyone has their own views on how this title should be perceived, handed out, and to whom should receive it.
Personally, if you were staff various amounts of time, never done anything wrong and have put dedication into this server, you're an ex-staff in my eyes.

How could you possibly label a moderator who has been here for only 9 months a " ex-staff", yet have players such as Moab, i2aw origins, Nolan (just seen he's a helper at the moment, but helpers aren't staff so he still counts) who have all played this server for years and either climbed the ranks various times, or simply were just promoted back to the staff team time and time again, due to their previous credibility as staff.

There's a right way, and there's a wrong way.
Clearly your version of the "right way" is a big smack in the face to those who DEDICATED THEIR TIME TO UPHOLD YOUR SERVER WITHOUT COMPENSATION FOR MORE THAN THE 9 MONTHS.

Xoxo.

Tom brady
Premium Donator

Post by Tom brady » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:02 am

Daan wrote:
Mike wrote:
Ruler wrote:For Daan getting ex-staff, wasn't he supposed to get advisor? No offence but it looks like advisor>ex staff (ex staff is nothing more than a fancy title right?). It looks to me like: Hey Daan, thanks for all your dedication here's advisor. Oh wait, you sucked too hard, here is a candy (you get what I mean).

What about ex staff helpers? I know helpers aren't regarded as staff, and I think giving them an ex staff title would be weird. But being a helper for 6+ months also shows a lot of dedication in my opinion.

To be fair, one of the main reasons we decided to introduce the title at this point is because Rapsey and myself had decided not to grant the Advisor rank to Daan (the reasoning why will not be laid out here to avoid arguments on the topic). However, we still wanted to thank him for his service and all the work he had done, therefore he's the first person to receive the ex-staff title. Let's just leave it at that, I'm afraid no amount of complaining will change anything. Thank you.
According to Mike and Rapsey I can't be trusted with the administration rights that come with the Advisor rank which literally makes no sense. I've been admin for 1 year and like 5 months, even got more rights along the way (trade rights,refund box) and I haven't used any of my rights for personal gain nor to hurt a player.

As for the ex-staff rank. Every ex-staff member that meets the requirements should have 60 days to claim his rank. I'm sure people that have served on Pkhonor for over 9 months are worth 3-4 minutes of your time.

My 2 cents on billys promo.
Spoiler: show
Edit 1: Can't yell anymore due to the ex-staff rank.
I served for 18 months consecutively and 27 months total

I did 3x the required amount and won't be allowed to receive it?

Mohab was an administrator and staff member for two years and doesn't get the chance to receive it?

I don't see how you don't want to give people like us credit for our hard earned months or YEARS of dedication
FRO TIME :afro:
OPRAH!

Rise or fall
Known Venturer

Post by Rise or fall » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:35 am

Exactly, Tom.

They're basically denying the fact that there are several previous staff members who should be ENTITLED to the title of "ex-staff".

I don't get how being a moderator for 9 months is relevant to only after a certain time period? There were a dozen players who were mod for 9 months or more probably, though just because they weren't staff within this past year or so, or in the coming years, their dedication and time should go unnoticed?

Uwotm8